I’m Hiring a Customer Happiness Engineer
Monday, January 22nd, 2018
I’m looking for a Customer Happiness Engineer to help manage the customer support side of the business. This involves helping potential clients determine which program they are best suited for, responding to customer questions and issues with professionalism and a positive ‘solve-it’ attitude, and tracking current clients in the live calls and on Facebook.
This is a paid contract position you can do from home and would probably start out as a 30-or-so hour per week role, with room for growth as we grow.
I’m looking for someone who:
1. Understands my community. Maybe you, or someone you know, has dealt with health challenges. You have empathy for the sick and a passion for helping others.
2. Has sweet writing skills! You probably have a background or some experience with writing. Copywriting experience is a definite bonus. This role will primarily be communicating with people through the written word, so this is an important one…
3. Has sweet organizational skills! You probably have a background or some experience with spreadsheets, excel, internet marketing, and seeing projects from start to finish.
4. Follows me or has a good understanding of real food diets such as SCD, Paleo, GAPS, Weston A Price, Autoimmune Paleo, etc. giving you the ability to help address customer’s inquiries on more complex issues. Any formal education in this area would be a plus.
5. Has the ability to manage time and workload efficiently, strong organizational skills, and the ability to prioritize and modify priorities accordingly. This role allows you the flexibility to work from home, but you’ll need to be able to manage yourself well.
6. Has excellent communication skills and the ability to address customers needs and concerns in an empathic and impactful way. You have patience, and the ability to intently listen. Experience in online customer support is not necessary but would be a bonus.
7. Has the ability or experience as a salesperson, knowing exactly how to help a customer in any situation. Isn’t afraid of offending or asking ‘difficult’ questions.
8. Has the ability to confirm and identify business and customer needs, challenges, and opportunities in order to develop viable solutions.
9. Is available to work 30-40 hours a week.
10. Lives in the United States.
11. Is “tech-savvy” with things like Office, Google Docs, Dropbox, Facebook Groups, email, etc.
12. Is extremely dependable… not the “This usually doesn’t happen, but it happened again” type.
13. Doesn’t take things personally, have feelings hurt easily or get offended. Stays objective and likes to always use logic to make decisions – like an engineer.
If you’re the type of person who likes working alone and does not like communicating or If you’re the type of person who is a ‘people pleaser’ or introvert who gets overwhelmed when you work with and interact with a lot of people with a lot of different types of complex challenges… then this probably is NOT right for you. This is more of what we would call “interactive” work and will require you to stay extremely organized, proactive in communication with customers and team, and work through specific processes.
On the other hand… if you’re the type of person who LOVES interacting with people, persuading and motivating them to be as excited about staying healthy as we are for them to discover what health feels like, organizing inboxes, operating efficiently and using checklists, managing and basically becoming better and better at running through a pre-planned process, and are passionate about communicating with and supporting a large community of people on a healing journey, then this might be perfect for you!
As a Customer Happiness Engineer, you’ll be working 1-on-1 with customers over multiple communication channels; including email, live chat, messenger, and social media. You will be responsible for gathering, organizing and reporting customer-related data and needs to my team. There will be a large writing component to this position, so excellent writing skills are a must.
As the Customer Happiness Engineer, you’ll also be coordinating with team members, tracking inventory in the shop, reordering products, interacting with affiliates, communicating with influencers’ support staff, keeping a pulse on the inbox, creating SOPs for tasks completed, organizing files in Google Drive, etc.
I anticipate hundreds of applicants, and I’m looking for the best. If you feel this is for you, please apply using the link below by MON 1/29.
To apply, click below and respond to the questions by MON 1/29:
I will be reviewing applications after the 1/29 deadline and if you’re selected for an interview, you will be contacted shortly after that.
P.S. – I’d love to have you join my team if it’s a good fit. Please apply for the Customer Happiness Engineer position by 1/29 here.