How You Get Candida and What To Do About It
Wednesday, September 13th, 2017
What happens when microscopic yeast start running the show?
If you don’t get some candy in you NOW, someone might get hurt. So you go for the strong stuff (caramel, ice cream, cupcakes), blaming yourself for caving. Again.
But it’s not your faulty willpower keeping you in these saccharine shackles. It’s Candida…and it’s at the root of some of the nastiest health issues out there.
- Vaginal yeast infections or jock itch—complete with insane itching in your you-know-what
- UTIs—the not-so-fun feeling of searing pain when you pee
- Athlete’s foot or toenail fungus (sorry, no flip flops for you)
- Severe seasonal allergies that have you begging for mercy
- Eczema, psoriasis, hives, and rashes…not so sexy
- Brain fog: the opposite of fun
- Bloating and issues maintaining a stable weight
- Digestive issues—with or without rectal itching
And as if any of these symptoms didn’t cause irritability, mood swings, anxiety, and depression on their own…Candida makes them worse.
If you’ve ever taken antibiotics and are experiencing two or more of these symptoms, there’s a good chance you have Candida.
What is Candida and why can’t I stop itching?
Candida is a parasitic yeast that requires sugar and carbs to multiply rapidly. There is a direct correlation to gut health and getting rid of Candida. When antibiotics swoop in to wipe out harmful bacteria, unless you actively re-introduce probiotics, the first things to grow back are opportunistic organisms.
Enter Candida, the beasties that thrive in the digestive tract and cause a white film on your tongue.
This doesn’t just ruin your digestion. Candida knocks your whole body out of whack and, if left unchecked, is linked to autoimmune diseases such as Hashimoto’s thyroiditis, Rheumatoid arthritis, Ulcerative colitis, Lupus, Psoriasis, Scleroderma and Multiple sclerosis.
Candida will feed off your body for years until you learn how to clear it out.
Candida is a major cause of leaky gut. It is a microscopic yeast that lives in the body naturally. But after antibiotics, stress, trauma, and processed foods you mess up the balance of the gut microbiome and give up the prime waterfront real estate of your intestines to this parasitic dimorphic fungus. Dimorphic means that it has two states.
1. It is in a cellular free-floating yeast form, which floats around in the digestive tract of humans.
2. It morphs into its mold form where it becomes a biofilm. This cluster of Candida grows filamentous ‘roots’ that pierce the lining of the intestinal tract. Once it reaches turns into a biofilm, it becomes resistant to herbal antimicrobials. Candida biofilms are notoriously resistant to conventional antifungal therapeutics.
“In individuals with healthy immune systems, C. albicans is often harmless, kept in balance with other members of the local microbiota. However, alterations in the host microbiota (e.g., due to antibiotics), changes in the host immune response (e.g., during stress, infection by another microbe, or immunosuppressant therapy), or variations in the local environment (e.g., shifts in pH or nutritional content) can enable C. albicans to overgrow and cause infection.” – Nobile et al. Annu Rev Microbiol. 2015; 69: 71–92.
When you crush Candida, you:
- Remember what it’s like to be able to concentrate
- Can throw out all those icky over-the-counter creams
- Don’t have to worry about bloating, constipation, or diarrhea
- Crave fresh vegetables instead of entire loaves of bread
- Get to eat fruit again—without waking up with itchy ears the next day
There are dozens of Candida cleanses and blander-than-bland diets you can try. But until you take the right steps at the right time, Candida will be back. Fortunately, you don’t need toxic treatments or an endless diet of kale.
My background as a gut health specialist and microbiologist has given me a unique take on Candida. I, myself, had to heal from it.
I tried all the different diets and they didn’t work.
It wasn’t until I realized that Candida is not just the overgrowth of one organism. It is complete dysbiosis in the system.
Candida grows roots and works its way into the digestive tract. It causes leaky gut, cramping, diarrhea, and impairs digestion.
It also weakens the immune system. Those with Candida get sick more often than people who don’t have it.
The toxins get absorbed into the bloodstream and mess with your nervous system, moods, and detoxification systems.
Being at War With Candida Won’t Work
The allopathic medical model is to kill things off. You may even feel completely compelled to kill off the Candida in your body. Anything to stop the discomfort…
But by attacking Candida, you can actually make it stronger while your immune system gets weaker because you aren’t addressing the underlying issues that caused Candida to be there in the first place.
You can’t just starve Candida to get rid of it. You have to balance the gut microbiome so the healthy critters (probiotics) can manage this for you. You also have to remove the factors that promote the growth of Candida, such as mercury and other heavy metals. Removing dental amalgams is a necessary step in getting rid of Candida, but it must be done properly and safely or you could end up getting much worse.
To learn step-by-step how to test, treat, and tackle Candida check out my newest course. You will join me live on September 20th to get the freshest take and updated information on crushing this annoying critter.
Candida Crash Course – The all-natural way to rid your body of Candida.
The Candida Crash Course teaches you how to:
- Test yourself for Candida
- Use herbs to combat Candida—instead of harsh prescriptions
- Know if you’re ready to fight off Candida
- Use different dietary strategies for your unique body
- Heal with the right fermented foods, herbs, and supplements
- Pick the right cleanse to clear Candida once and for all
- Get to the root of leaky gut, food allergies, and dysbiosis
Learn How to Quit Letting Chronic Fatigue, Itchiness, Digestive Drama, and Sugar Cravings Keep You Back
Many doctors will give you a prescription for an antifungal expecting it to correct the problem with one little pill. Functional medicine docs and nutritionists will tell you how stubborn Candida is and how hard it is to treat.
The truth is that clearing Candida isn’t as hard as most people think…if you learn the approach that’s right for you.
My Candida Crash Course is designed to keep it simple using strategies that have worked for me and hundreds of my clients.
Right now you can get instant access to the Candida Crash Course and start healing today.
What you get in the Candida Crash Course (everything is downloadable):
- In-depth audio training on Candida causes, cleanses, and solutions (value $497)
- Step-by-step instructions that cut out the Candida confusion (value $47)
- PDF handouts to keep you on track (value $47)
- Transcripts so you can skim and find the info you need quickly (value $125)
- Additional resources to help you get relief as quickly as possible (value $297)
TOTAL VALUE: $1013
“I love love loved the Candida intensive; this has been the pinnacle for me so far. I’ve studied chemistry and loved the scientific references, you were so talking my language. Thanks for the great comparison of Gaps, Body Ecology, Gabriel Cousins, and Gut Rebuilding, very valuable. I’m one of those clean eaters still struggling with gut issues. The big ah-ha was the emotional stuff still holding us there, I’m thinking that might be a biggie for me. This stuff is so awesome.
I’ve experienced the coffee jitters whilst having glandular fever after my 2nd baby was born; I had to pull the car off the road as I could not concentrate enough to drive! All starting to make sense now!
I scored 10 on the candida questionnaire. Maybe this is why Gaps never completely worked for me and I always just felt awful on it.” – Alana Maxwell